I don't know who is correct since IANAL, but you should be aware that just
because you put a clause in a license, it doesn't mean that that particular
clause is binding in the jurisdiction you are in.  The EU has different
restrictions on what can and can't be done and how licenses are viewed.   Just
as certain clauses are meaningless in the US (you can't put a clause that says
"We own everything you have and every will do for the rest of your life"), the
EU has its own "can't do this in a license" list.