Erik Trimble <erik.trim...@oracle.com>
writes:

First, thanks for the good input

>> PARTS: Memory: DDR3 Dual Channel memory
>>         16GB (4x4GB) PC10600 DDR3 1333 Dual Channel
> Get ECC RAM for a ZFS server. Don't skimp - get it.  DDR3-1333 is
> fine, though you might have to use DDR3-1066 for your motherboard when
> doing ECC. Check your MB manual.  Either way, you won't notice the
> difference.

I've asked this in another thread, but since you mention it here maybe
if you are willing, I could get a brief notion from you as to what it
means to use ECC or not.  And the relationship of buffered/unbuffered.

In the specs of memory... its quite confusing how that kind of stuff
is listed if you don't now poop about what it really means.