That is exactly what I did, I formated the disk into an NTFS disk and then
installed OpenSolaris again, but it still goes straight to Windows. I am short
of ideas on what else to try, maybe investigate on what was done exactly when
you "fix" the MBR with fixmbr.
When I inspected the location of boot archive (with bootadm command, from the
OSol liveCD) it was reported that it's /boot/grub/menu.lst, but when I opened
that file everything was commented except for the line "default 0". Will it
take manual edit of menu.lst to move to GRUB for booting?