On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 10:09 AM, leliel <leliel.mir...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 12:09 AM, Miro Collas <miro.col...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> That's what I referring to, the command line commands. VERY handy! And
>> dd is one I use a great deal.

> /set RenderFarClip 128
> /set RenderVolumeLODFactor 2.0
> /set WindLightUseAtmosShaders 0
>
> With a system like this you could change any setting on the fly
> without ever having to open the UI which would be great for filming
> machinima. Cam into a building and turn on global illumination and
> crank up the SSAO settings for deep highlights, cam back out and put
> SSAO back to the defaults and turn off GI for a better frame rate.

Thats a powerful idea, is there a new feature JIRA for this on the LL
pJIRA currenty? if not could I kindly ask you to create one for it and
post the issue number back here.

The problem comes is its not just a case of updating the
gSavedSettings with new values (which would be very easy to do in the
way you have described). Many of the settings need "applying" in some
way to push the correct values to the correct place, many of the debug
settings would just work but some would not and thats where the work
for this feature would start, but i do like where you are comming from
with this.

Robin