http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-20887

> The problem comes is its not just a case of updating the
> gSavedSettings with new values (which would be very easy to do in the
> way you have described). Many of the settings need "applying" in some
> way to push the correct values to the correct place, many of the debug
> settings would just work but some would not and thats where the work
> for this feature would start, but i do like where you are comming from
> with this.

One thing I'd like to happen before this feature is implemented is to
clean up the debug settings name space. There are too many settings
with random, nonsensical names. I suppose we could copy id and put
everything having to do with rendering under r_ and everything for the
UI under ui_ and so on.