On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 10:36:18 +0100, Robin Cornelius
<robin.cornel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 10:09 AM, leliel <leliel.mir...@gmail.com>
wrote:
>> On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 12:09 AM, Miro Collas <miro.col...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> That's what I referring to, the command line commands. VERY handy! And
>>> dd is one I use a great deal.

btw, recent Kirstens releases handily embed the draw distance slider
into the 2.x menu upper bar.

>> /set RenderFarClip 128
>> /set RenderVolumeLODFactor 2.0
>> /set WindLightUseAtmosShaders 0
>>
>> With a system like this you could change any setting on the fly
>> without ever having to open the UI which would be great for filming
>> machinima. Cam into a building and turn on global illumination and
>> crank up the SSAO settings for deep highlights, cam back out and put
>> SSAO back to the defaults and turn off GI for a better frame rate.
>
> Thats a powerful idea, is there a new feature JIRA for this on the LL
> pJIRA currenty? if not could I kindly ask you to create one for it and
> post the issue number back here.

+1

I like a lot leliel's suggestion about Windlight control
via commandline, especially because I guess that would
evolve into gestures = tradeable assets (correct?)

Opensource Obscure