On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 05:12:19PM +0100, Marko Asplund via RT wrote:
> this is what 'what makedepend' said on my system (at the time of the above
> report):
>
> 109] % what /opt/imake/bin/makedepend
> /opt/imake/bin/makedepend:
>         X Window System, Version 11 R6+ HP-UX B.11.00.00 +O2
>         (build date: Wed Sep 17 02:43:56 PDT 1997)
>
> i just searched ITRC and found that this was a known problem which
> PHSS_22947 patch would fix. here's a quote from the patch README:
>
> 12. While parsing int literals, "L" suffix is not handled correctly by
>     makedepend.
>

>http://www4.itrc.hp.com/service/patch/patchDetail.do?patchid=PHSS_22947&context=hpux:800:11:00
>
> installation of this patch does make the makedepend error messages go
> away.

Ok. Therefore:
1) (hpux-parisc2-cc no-asm) seems to be a compiler/optimizer bug. I have
   added an appropriate remark to the PROBLEMS file.
2) makedepend problem on HP-UX 11 is fixed by installing patch PHSS_22947
3) (parisc2.s contains code that is position independent) is resolved by
   a change checked in by Andy Polyakov.

I therefore close this ticket now.

Best regards,
        Lutz
--
Lutz Jaenicke                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/