On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 12:14:52PM +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> The following code results in an ASN1_TIME structure with internal length field
> of 14.
>    date = ASN1_TIME_new();
>    ASN1_GENERALIZEDTIME_set_string(date, "20020819093712");
>
> When extracting time out an existing certificate however with this date/time
> would result in a length of 15.
>    ASN1_GENERALIZEDTIME *gentime = ASN1_TIME_to_generalizedtime
> (X509_get_notBefore(cert), NULL);
>
> Consequently ASN1_STRING_cmp(date1, date2) fails, although the strings are
> exactly the same, 14 characters that make up the date followed by \0.
>
> Have I missed something or is there a bug somewhere?

Please check out
 http://www.aet.tu-cottbus.de/rt2/Ticket/Display.html?id=429
If this covers your problem, it should be fixed in recent snapshots.
If it is not, please file a bug report to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Best regards,
        Lutz
--
Lutz Jaenicke                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/