John Parker wrote:
change -DPURIFY to -DNO_UNINIT_DATA or something else which has a clearer
intention, so that debug packages (or even base packages that want to be
valgrind-friendly) have a straightforward mechanism to apply. Well, a
straightforward mechanism that doesn't kill the PRNG outright, I mean
(otherwise there is already a highly-publicised patch we could apply...)

What I was hoping for was a -DNO_UNINIT_DATA that wouldn't be the
default, but wouldn't reduce the keyspace either.
That is -DPURIFY.

Can someone provide a pointer to this highly-publicized patch?  I'm
afraid I'm dreadfully ignorant of the blogosphere.
The Debian patch is the highly publicized patch that kills the PRNG outright.

Jeffrey Altman