Patrick Patterson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On May 15, 2008 10:58:07 am John Parker wrote:
>> In the wake of the issues with Debian, is it possible to modify the
>> source so that it is possible to use valgrind with openssl without
>> reducing the key space?
>>
> It is already possible to use openssl and valgrind - just build OpenSSL
> with -DPURIFY, and it is quite clean.

Even with -DPURIFY there was (prior to 0.9.8f) some uninitialised
memory got used if you didn't have a .rnd file (the stat() in
crypto/rand/randfile.c).  (I'm not sure whether that change ever got
on to 0.9.7.  Hmm, I think it didn't.  Likely not critical, I guess,
though Debian/stable is on 0.9.7.  Backporting that (trivial) change
seems like something a distribution could uncontroversially do.)