On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 9:20 AM, Ted Krovetz <t...@krovetz.net> wrote:

> At last month's Workshop on Real-World Cryptography at Stanford
> University, Phil Rogaway released a new license for OCB, granting free use
> for all open-source implementations.
>
>   http://www.cs.ucdavis.edu/~rogaway/ocb/license1.pdf

There's a problem with that license, though:

"Open Source Software Implementation does not include any Software
Implementation in which the software implicating the Licensed Patents is
combined, so as to form a larger program, with software that is not Open
Source Software."

This restriction seems OK for GPL'ed libraries (because they have a similar
restriction anyway), but not for libraries that are meant to be available
for use in programs that are not necessarily open source. Thus, as much as
I like OCB, I'd rather keep it out of OpenSSL for now.

Bodo