> There are actually two licenses. The second allows all software (even
> closed), but only for non-military use.

I would say that's still a problem.  For example, we could use OpenSSL on our
network to provide acceleration for public DoD sites.  Is that military use?
Suppose it's for use on a CIA extranet? Suppose it's for use on an internal FBI
network linking field offices to HQ?  To the CIA doing the same thing
internationally?  How do I decide?  How does the OpenSSL team set things up so
that their (yes, yes, non-paying) customers don't do the wrong thing by default?

If you want to limit the use of your invention, which is entirely your right,
it is best to distribute it yourself.

        /r$
--
Principal Security Engineer