Hi.

  I have a server that's going to serve HTTP clients on various ports (different ports for different client types). Most transactions are non-SSL transactions, but a few do require SSL. Since I can use many ports, my clients need to know which port to talk to the server through. It would help the clients very much, if they could perform all of their communications through one port, instead of two.

  So my question is - How do I implement an SSL and non-SSL server on one listening socket. SSL_accept returns an error if the connection is not an SSL connection, but after I get that error, I need to access the data SSL_accept already read from the socket (since this data is the beginning of the HTTP transaction).

  I also need to know whether SSL_accept sends anything to the peer while attempting to perform the SSL handshake on a straight HTTP connection (it shouldn't, unless GET ... or POST ... are legal SSL handshake prefixes).

  Thanks,
  Itay.