> If the MS-CAPI Engine can generate keys, you might be able to use it through
> the nCipher CSP to generate hardware protected Signing and Exchange keypairs
> for your CAPI container.

I just accomplished this by making use of the nCipher CSP and their command
line utility "keytst" to generate a container and Signing and Exchange key
pairs within that container.

A little glitch that I ran into was the permissions on the created container
file. When issuing "keytst -c fooContainer", a container got created but I was
unable to access it using subsequence keytst commands. I noticed in the
KM_LOCAL directory that there is a lock against the icon for the container
file. For now, I manually changed the permissions to allow Administrator full
access to the file and this way I was able to generate keys within the created
container.

Now onto using CryptoAPI for integration with OpenSSL. I'll post my queries on
that in a different thread, since this one started off talking about using the
CHIL API.

Thanks,
Sunjeet