On 14 December 2012 14:20, jeetendra gangele <gangele...@gmail.com> wrote:

> it looks very odd loading of public key during sign operation.
> Ok tell me one thing I can load any valid point on the curve during sign.

An ECDSA sign operates on the curve and associated parameters, the private
key, and the message, and outputs two values (which are just numbers) r and
s. No points on the curve are provided as input or received as output
(although they are used internally).

What I have recommended to you is that you fill in both the private and
public key in the EC_KEY object so that an EC_KEY_check_key call passes.
This is not loading "any valid point on the curve"...it must be the public
key for the associated private key, or EC_KEY_check_key will not pass. As I
said in one of my first emails, it is straight forward to find the public
key given the private key.

> and whn I verify the signed message i should be able to verify with
> the other valid public key?

When verifying you will be able to verify with the public key that
corresponds to the private key used originally to sign the message.

Matt