On 04/25/2014 12:00 PM, Zane Bitter wrote:
On 25/04/14 13:50, Chris Friesen wrote:

In the nova boot command we pass the group uuid like this:

--hint group=e4cf5dea-4831-49a1-867d-e263f2579dd0

If we were to make use of the scheduler hints, how would that look?
Something like this?  (I'm not up to speed on my YAML, so forgive me if
this isn't quite right.)  And how would this look if we wanted to
specify other scheduler hints as well?

   cirros_server1:
     type: OS::Nova::Server
     properties:
       name: cirros1
       image: 'cirros'
       flavor: 'm1.tiny'
       scheduler_hints: {"group": { get_resource: my_heat_group }}

Something like that (I don't think you need the quotes around "group").
Or, equivalently:

   cirros_server1:
     type: OS::Nova::Server
     properties:
       name: cirros1
       image: 'cirros'
       flavor: 'm1.tiny'
       scheduler_hints:
         group: { get_resource: my_heat_group }

Okay...assuming it works like that then that looks fine to me.

If we go this route then the changes are confined to a single new file. Given that, do we need a blueprint or can I just submit the code for review once I port it to the current codebase?

Chris