Le 10/11/2015 14:01, Davanum Srinivas a écrit :
That's exactly what i want as well. We should just let whoever has
copies to do whatever they want with them and drop our oversight of
it. Since they are mature and haven't been touched for a while, i
really don't see the need to take care of them.

Ok, let's say that cliff+keystoneauth is the new way to write clients. 13 clients already use cliff.

On these 13 clients, 5 are still using clituils.py:

* python-heatclient
* python-ironicclient
* python-mistralclient
* python-saharaclient
* python-tuskarclient

and 6 are still using apiclient/:

* python-congressclient
* python-heatclient
* python-ironicclient
* python-mistralclient
* python-saharaclient
* python-tuskarclient

Should I understand that cliff and keystoneauth doesn't contain all functions requires by these clients?

If yes, does it make sense to move some code from cliutils.py and apiclient to cliff / keystoneauth?

If no, we can just kill cliutils.py and apiclient in Oslo Incubator, and help clients to upgrade their code to cliff and keystoneauth.

Victor