> On 09 Nov 2015, at 20:43, Adam Young <ayo...@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> On 11/06/2015 06:28 PM, Tim Hinrichs wrote:
>> Congress allows users to write a policy that executes an action under
>> certain conditions.
>>
>> The conditions can be based on any data Congress has access to, which
>> includes nova servers, neutron networks, cinder storage, keystone users,
>> etc.  We also have some Ceilometer statistics; I'm not sure about whether
>> it's easy to get the Keystone notifications that you're talking about today,
>> but notifications are on our roadmap.  If the user's login is reflected in
>> the Keystone API, we may already be getting that event.
>>
>> The action could in theory be a mistral/heat API or an arbitrary script.
>> Right now we're set up to invoke any method on any of the python-clients
>> we've integrated with.  We've got an integration with heat but not mistral.
>> New integrations are typically easy.
>
> Sounds like Mistral and Congress are competing here, then.  Maybe we should
> merge those efforts.

I may be wrong on this but the difference is that Mistral provides workflow.
Meaning you can have a graph of tasks related by conditional logic whereas
Congress action is something simple like calling a function. Correct me if my
understanding is wrong. I actually don’t know at this point whether a workflow
is really needed, IMO it does make sense if we need to create a bunch of heavy
resources so it should be an HA service managing the process of
configuring/creating the new tenant. The power of workflow is in automating
long-running stuff.

But both technologies are missing notifications part now.

Renat Akhmerov
@ Mirantis Inc.