Alexander Graf wrote:
On 21.12.15 11:03, Ludwig Nussel wrote:
Andreas Färber wrote:
[...]
=> Find ways to use openQA for more testing, e.g. serial only rather
than graphical testing with QEMU machines such as cubieboard. Maybe

IOW cubieboard can be emulated by qemu? Do you have a command line for
me? What host architecure is needed for that? Can the aarch64 worker we
have for openQA emulate that in reasonable speed?

So far we haven't managed to make AArch64 KVM work with full AArch32
only VMs. Also keep in mind that with KVM host cpu == guest cpu, so
you'd get a cubieboard with an A57 CPU - something nobody expects to see.

So x86_64 with emulation? Can you provide me with a qemu command
line to boot an image?

contribute to upstream efforts such as finally upstreaming Raspberry Pi
or Beagleboard emulations, to broaden the base to test against.

=> Use Wifi-enabled SD cards, USB gadget devices, HDMI framegrabbers,
JTAG adapters or other creative solutions to implement automated
hardware testing, avoiding some of the QEMU/KVM shortcomings.

That would be nice :-) The minimum requirement for openQA would be
control over the power switch and SD card and access to the serial port.
On the weekend I found this:
http://www.linuxinternals.org/blog/2014/06/04/a-microsd-card-remote-switcher/

Maybe that could be cheap solution to allow the openQA worker to get
the disk image on the target.

Yup, Linaro also has built similar adapters for their QA initiative.
Unfortunately my hardware skills aren't as great, so I doubt I could
actually solder this thing together ;). If you can find a way to get us
a dozen, we can start to make automated testing become reality.

Aren't there some hardware tinkerers on your floor? :-)

cu
Ludwig

--
 (o_   Ludwig Nussel