Am 01.02.2016 um 18:05 schrieb Freek de Kruijf:
> Op maandag 1 februari 2016 16:26:06 schreef Andreas Färber:

>> Quoting myself:
>>
>> "the download [location] will change to:
>>
>> http://download.opensuse.org/ports/armv6hl/tumbleweed/images/";
>>
>> http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-arm/2015-12/msg00050.html
>>
>>> I tried to follow your advice but there were no *.raw.xz files at that
>>> time.
>> As you can see, I announced the new location where he would find new
>> images once they get published and now thanks to Andreas they did.
>>
>> Also I asked Freek to stop reporting a black screen and to get himself a
>> cheap serial cable, which he is also still conveniently ignoring with
>> his message today. I invested time in cleanups, put the information out
>> there in a thread initiated by Freek, so I totally have a right to be
>> offended if he ignores the information and advice he received.
>
> I don't think it is the proper way to use a serial cable to test images for
> the Raspberry Pi 1. There used to be, and still is, an image that, when the
> RPi1 was connected to a HDMI device, showed the booting procedure right from
> the start. I am not capable to debug anything that has to do with the basic
> booting. So a serial cable is a no go for me.
>
>> Further I had repeatedly said that if you guys care about a Contrib
>> repository, such as RaspberryPi2, then you need to update and clean it
>> up yourselves. Guess how many people did since then.
>>
>>> So before blaming people who are willing to test the stuff you should
>>> check
>>> yourself whether everything is in place.
>
> I am not blaming anybody. I sit silently till a new image arrives, I test it
> as far as I find useful and report my findings. I do not expect anything from
> anybody. I am still able to build a Raspberry Pi 1 and 2 system with openSUSE
> Tumbleweed from older images that suite my needs.

For the record: I was not suggesting that every user of openSUSE always
use a serial cable and in particular not as main user interface. Rather,
I have been asking in the case of a black screen to also check the
serial output, to be able to file a more useful bug report. After all
it's a single-board computer with pin headers and lots of Web pages
describing how to do it, so I do consider that a reasonable request.

Alternatively, as Alex has said to Jimmy, early reports would help us
narrow down the source of a problem - i.e. knowing that update of
package A broke X would give a better starting point for investigations.

Regards,
Andreas

GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton; HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)