On Fri, 05 Oct 2012 18:47:08 +0200 Guillaume Gardet wrote:

Hi,

> Le 05/10/2012 18:29, Flashbang a écrit :
> > 于 2012年10月05日 23:34, Guillaume Gardet 写道:

sounds very good!

> > Glad to get replys. I think I have learned about what you said.I
> > have two questions:How to generate xml to PO files and what is the
> > difference between PO and POT file.
>
> POT is a PO Template. More information here:
> http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Localization_work_with_po_files
>
> You need to make :
> * XML => POT : for each file, do : "xml2po --mode=docbook -k -o
> file.pot file.xml" (replacing file.pot and file.xml with the right
> names)
> * POT => PO :
>    ** Create PO if it does not exist: "msginit --no-translator
> --locale=$lang --input=file.pot
> --output-file=file.$lang.po" (replacing $lang with your language
> code) ** Update PO if it already exist: "msgmerge --previous --update
> file.po file.pot"
>
> You can do it manually, or use the scripts I made. (Have a look in FR
> folder).
>
> If others are OK, I can move the POT folder upper to make it
> available for all languages. The same for scripts.

if there is anything the SUSE documentation team can do to make things
easier for you, just let us know.

I am not sure if such a thing is possible, but it would probably be of
a lot of help to have an SVN hook that automatically creates a pod
file (although I fear this is not possible, it sounds like it is
something worth looking into).

jw: I always forget this:
    How to encrypt the password so you can use it to create an svn
    account for flashback?

flashback: In order top get write access to our SVN we need a login and
           an encrypted password from you (you can freely choose both).
           jw will provide the command needed to encrypt the password.

--
Regards
        Frank

Frank Sundermeyer, Technical Writer, Documentation
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409 Nuernberg
Tel: +49-911-74053-0, Fax: +49-911-7417755;  http://www.opensuse.org/
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, GF:
Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)