houghi wrote:
On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 10:01:10AM +0200, jdd wrote:

AFAIK, there is no way (in 10.0) to manage repositories independantly (we can only add or delete one). When I see a package in Yast, I don't know from what repository it comes.

YaST, Software Management, Installation Summery. There you pick a package
and look at Version.

It is amazing. We try to work out things for 10.2 and you are dragging us
back to 10.0. Is there realy no way to make you understand that we must
look forward?

 :-)

when I say I have problems with 10.1 things you say we must not speak of it...

anyway nor you nor I did the point here. the sorting by inst-source is already back as a full option :-) very nice.

may I say I appreciate the fact that YOU is now YOU+software management, but that was a little confusing at first because not so well advertised (and what is the "software management" module for now?).

but don't be more OT :-).

frankly, with the level where we are and saying all bugs are fiwed, I see little that lacks

* speed is still a problem, but much less than with 10.0. Need to be enhanced. are they on the world servers with no rsync capability? * there is still work to do on the dependency check system, even if it's dawn good. but we should probably mazke a full thread about this part * include the inst-source inline choice and I think I will feel perfectly happy :-) * oh... any way to make SuSEConfig faster? (old, very old problem, I beg no solution)

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://lucien.dodin.net