Randall R Schulz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> さんは書きました:

> Felix,
>
> On Friday 27 October 2006 09:30, Felix Miata wrote:
>>
>> > <http://64.142.14.4/~rschulz/font-verdana.6-10pt.SuSE10.0.png>
>> > <http://64.142.14.4/~rschulz/font-verdana.6-10pt.SuSE10.2b1.png>
>> >
>> > I picked Verdana for this test, though it does not show as stark a
>> > difference as some fonts I use routinely.

>> I find the vastly superior kerning of the latter overwhelms any other
>> difference there might be.
>
> For me the sharpness of the 10.0 (and 10.2Alpha5) is by far the
> overriding factor. I need to use small fonts when programming and in
> general want to get as much textual information on the screen as
> possible.

Then use the byte code interpreter. The rendering with the byte code
interpreter for Verdana is even sharper than your first screen
shot. Really.

Most likely I will make rendering with the byte code interpreter the
default for certain list of fonts where it obviously gives superior
results.

--
Mike FABIAN   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   http://www.suse.de/~mfabian
睡眠不足はいい仕事の敵だ。