Vahis wrote:
houghi wrote:
On Mon, Dec 04, 2006 at 07:06:15PM -0600, Rajko M wrote:
We thought about the problem and it is obvious that we can't agree that one size fit all. By now we have this: http://en.opensuse.org
http://en.opensuse.org/SUPER
http://en.opensuse.org/1_CD_Install
http://en.opensuse.org/MiniSUSE
http://en.opensuse.org/JackLab
already mentioned http://en.opensuse.org/MicroSUSE
and more comming in, like:
http://en.opensuse.org/Education
If you want rebranding for any of those, look at
http://repos.opensuse.org/home:/jnweiger/SUSE_Factory/repodata/ and
obviously http://en.opensuse.org/Making_a_SUSE_based_distribution

I have made the page http://en.opensuse.org/Rembrand as well, but there is
not much to see yet.

Basicaly what people of those projects can do is first use makeSUSEdvd to
get all the files and RPMs in one directory structure. Do all the editing
(add or replace the RPMs and npow remove and replace branding) and use
makeSUSEdvd to make an ISO.

I can imagine what kind of flood of questions and "unwanted publicity"
the name will cause when the name MicroSUSE spreads.

The name should be reconsidered.

No matter if the name will give the the innocent reader of the web a
positive or or negative impression.
But it will be misunderstood.

Especially now when a lot of people are "looking for signs".

I'm sorry for not having a decent suggestion for the name, I'm trying to
come up with one or some.

PocketSUSE

PygmySUSE

PetiteSUSE