On 25 August 2010 15:45, Henne Vogelsang <hvo...@opensuse.org> wrote:

> Hey Stathis,
>
> On 21.08.2010 20:55, Stathis Iosifidis (aka diamond_gr) wrote:
> > Hello from Thessaloniki, Greece.
>
> Hey there! How's the Ouzo? :) Welcome to the project!

Always new variations of ouzo coming out, you are invited in Greece to
taste them!

> > We started the first ever greek web portal about openSUSE.
> >
> > http://www.opensuse.org.gr
>
> Great to see someone taking care of the greek part of our community.
> It's really appreciated. But why don't you translate our landingpage to
> greek instead of setting up your own page? :) You can then point your
> domain to www.opensuse.org/gr. We already have an infrastructure in
> place for translating most of our infrastructure. I'm more than happy to
> help you with getting this going.

This goes for me, because starting the translations many years ago
with others, we were surprised when we first saw the translated page
of el.opensuse.org. We found the translator then, but as many of that
era greek opensuse members, is not currently active.

So, yes, it would be a Goal also to have the official greek opensuse
page, up-to-date. For this as well as for the greek opensuse
translations we will start our engines by October 1st.

> The reason i ask is that we have seen too many localized pages gone
> stale over the time with no possibility for us to put new people on the
> task. So please stay "inside" the project instead of doing your own
> infrastructure :)

Yes but we would like to have the autonomy of opensuse.org.gr. Is
anything out of opensuse community policy about that?