> yes, probably, but for now connect is not user friendly (I just come
> from it), don't compare to facebook, for example (I know...).
>
> by the way, making report have little interest. I don't know for the
> others, but I do bimonthly meetings in my LUG and promote openSUSE
> nearly each time, spreading dvd's. I wont report each.

> jdd

I've been trying to use Connect a little, but not much seems to be
happening there. I think it's a great idea but not quite working yet.
Though I was thinking of starting an Australian group there was a way
to connect with Aussie Ambassador and users.

What about just using a blog/planet for Ambassador reports? People
just blog in their own language, english if they can, so local people
can read the report or we can use Google translate those who have no
English. Some sort of aggregate feed would make it easy for News team
to pull the most interesting reports for a monthly roundup of
Ambassador activity for those who haven't already reported major
events.

I noticed Michael Meeks has a blog where he comments just in a simple
line about what he has been doing work-wise, and I think that sort of
simple activity report can be quite good - interesting to see what
people are doing, without expecting an essay.

(I agree JDD, filling out a form, writing a report is time consuming
and boring!)

cheers

Helen

--