On 03/16/2011 08:51 AM, jdd wrote:
> Le 16/03/2011 01:37, Tony Su a écrit :
>> Yesterday I also took my first spin through Connect and my initial
>> impression is that it only can provide a partial solution, sort of
>> like a clone of Linkedin, not quite but possibly can be used like
>> Meetup.
>>
>> As others have noted, Connect isn't a single centralized, authorized
>> "portal" type tool to do "everything" like what we need.
>
> I don't know if you practice Facebook.
>
> I learned it last year when my son went to Australia.
>
> It's a great tool to keep track of a group work and extend user
> network (network there is personal relationship).
>
> It have blogging capability, article capability. and is not only
> related to openSUSE, so any ambassador can do his openSUSE job as a
> side work from his other occupations.
>
> It is extremely easy to creat an openSUSE ambassador group (and one
> for each group that want one, and the groups can keep track of the
> activities of the other groups.
>
> The Facebook success is not random
>
> that said, the main problem is that it's *too* easy to create a group,
> so there as many at the moment, one should be made "official"
>
> jdd

I will never never never use FaceBook. I don't trust them.

Connect is a new tool, which will be used to manage all the user/member stuff
of openSUSE.
Like the votation, (you all use it in January, haven't you)

It's our tool, it's new so imperfect, but ours. If something is broken, need
adjustement
bugzilla is there for that, or openfate for futur wishes.

Or simply ask Pavel about your needs, or how this tool can be used to resolve
certain of our marketing/ambassador needs.

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch

openSUSE Member & Ambassador