On Wed, 2011-03-23 at 22:25 +0100, Will Stephenson wrote:
> On Wednesday 23 Mar 2011 19:45:45 Kim Leyendecker wrote:
> > Am 23.03.2011 19:41, schrieb Jan Krings:
> > > Oh noo. Please no more animals. Let us find a another system or let the
> > > naming as it is.
> >
> > okay, then forget about this....
>
> +1 - this whole versioning/naming discussion is the biggest waste of project
> energy imaginable.
>
> --
> Will Stephenson, openSUSE Team
> SUSE LINUX Products GmbH - Nürnberg - AG Nürnberg - HRB 16746 - GF: Markus Rex

And my feeling is that regardless of whether we think such discussions
are good or not, codenaming a development project belongs to a different
development of the next release.  It is the baby of the folks in factory
or (possibly) more broadly in -project.  And the parents are the ones
who have the right to name their babies.

Our input on naming/versioning etc should be for the end product that we
actually market.  Deciding 11.5 or 12.0 has impact in how we market the
release, but codenaming... no it doesn't.  Let the parents name their
baby, not us.

Bryen