Hey Folks,

I really like the rwx3 idea and made a Conference Logo/Artwork based on it:

Grey on Grey:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/294274/oS-Conf-2011/rwx3-Conf-Logo-GreyGrey.png
RGB: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/294274/oS-Conf-2011/rwx3-Conf-Logo-RGB.png

So far,

Robert

On 24.04.2011, at 06:37, Bryen M. Yunashko wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I'm sending this to both the marketing and artwork mailing lists as an
> action item from the openSUSE Conference Program Committee's last
> meeting.
>
> In a nutshell, we have two names proposed for the Conference:
> "Collaboration Across Borders II" and "rwxrwxrwx" (or rwx3) which is a
> play on the read-write-execute permissions of the Linux file systems.
> While the Program Committee will ultimately choose which one to select,
> we felt it was fair to talk to both the marketing and artwork teams to
> hear which ones you consider more feasible for marketability.
>
> To the Marketing Team:  Think about what would be the pros and cons of
> marketing the conference for each of the names.
>
> For the artwork team:  Think about the potential designs you could work
> with for each name.  E.g. t-shirts, posters, banners.  You can even do
> mockups if you wish, but please don't spend a lot of time making up
> design proposals because I wouldn't want to see your work go to waste if
> we go a different way.
>
> You can read my thoughts on the naming choices for some personal insight
> on my blog at http://www.bryen.com/whats-in-a-name/.  And I would
> suggest also reading Yaloki's summary (and meeting log) to get a fuller
> idea of our own pros and cons for each name.
> http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-project/2011-04/msg00333.html
>
> I'll gather up your thoughts and concerns and present them to the team
> at our next meeting this Thursday.
>
> Thanks teams!
>
> Bryen M Yunashko
>
> --

---

Robert Lihm, Webdesigner - openSUSE Boosters Team
Tel: +49-911-74053-0  - rl...@suse.de