On 28.04.2011, at 14:40, Pavol Rusnak wrote:

> On 27/04/11 13:34, Robert Lihm wrote:
>> Hey Folks,
>>
>> I really like the rwx3 idea and made a Conference Logo/Artwork based on it:
>>
>> Grey on Grey:
>> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/294274/oS-Conf-2011/rwx3-Conf-Logo-GreyGrey.png
>> RGB: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/294274/oS-Conf-2011/rwx3-Conf-Logo-RGB.png
>
> That's nice, but I would change 3 to:
>
> XXX
> XX
> XXX

Thats a funny idea! Will play with it.

> to make it more obvious. Also on RGB version it is kind of hard to
> recognize, how would it look if it was a little bit darker?

The 3 in the RGB version is white = the sum of RGB. But its hard to read on the
light background. I played around with a gradient instead of  a solid
light-grey background.
An other idea is to make it black/dark. But that would kill the "at the end
everything will be white" ... :-/ ... I play around with it.

Cheers,

Robert

>> So far,
>>
>> Robert
>>

>> On 24.04.2011, at 06:37, Bryen M. Yunashko wrote:
>>
>>> Folks,
>>>
>>> I'm sending this to both the marketing and artwork mailing lists as an
>>> action item from the openSUSE Conference Program Committee's last
>>> meeting.
>>>
>>> In a nutshell, we have two names proposed for the Conference:
>>> "Collaboration Across Borders II" and "rwxrwxrwx" (or rwx3) which is a
>>> play on the read-write-execute permissions of the Linux file systems.
>>> While the Program Committee will ultimately choose which one to select,
>>> we felt it was fair to talk to both the marketing and artwork teams to
>>> hear which ones you consider more feasible for marketability.
>>>
>>> To the Marketing Team:  Think about what would be the pros and cons of
>>> marketing the conference for each of the names.
>>>
>>> For the artwork team:  Think about the potential designs you could work
>>> with for each name.  E.g. t-shirts, posters, banners.  You can even do
>>> mockups if you wish, but please don't spend a lot of time making up
>>> design proposals because I wouldn't want to see your work go to waste if
>>> we go a different way.
>>>
>>> You can read my thoughts on the naming choices for some personal insight
>>> on my blog at http://www.bryen.com/whats-in-a-name/.  And I would
>>> suggest also reading Yaloki's summary (and meeting log) to get a fuller
>>> idea of our own pros and cons for each name.
>>> http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-project/2011-04/msg00333.html
>>>
>>> I'll gather up your thoughts and concerns and present them to the team
>>> at our next meeting this Thursday.
>>>
>>> Thanks teams!
>>>
>>> Bryen M Yunashko
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>> ---
>>
>> Robert Lihm, Webdesigner - openSUSE Boosters Team
>> SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409 Nuernberg
>> Tel: +49-911-74053-0  - rl...@suse.de
>> SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)
>> SUSE - a Novell business
>>

> --
> Best Regards / S pozdravom,
>
> Pavol RUSNAK                                       SUSE LINUX, s.r.o
> openSUSE Boosters Team                            Lihovarska 1060/12
> PGP 0xA6917144                                         19000 Praha 9
> prusnak[at]opensuse.org                               Czech Republic

---