Hi,

Am Dienstag 24 Mai 2011, 00:09:32 schrieb Jos Poortvliet:

> > > The current workflow seriously needs to be fixed.
> >
> > true or not, not really on-topic here, we (as in the marketing team)
> > won't be fixing it ;-)
>
> PS feel free to kick adrian in the balls if you have issues, but if you
> take that litterally I recommend you kick hard to make sure he can't come
> after you ;-)
In this case it will be me and others coming after you, believe me. Is
that btw the kind of speach and behaviour you're appreciating here in
the marketing group, smiley or not?

> Serious, workflow things need fixing indeed, but what he needs is CONCRETE
> SUGGESTIONS. Not of the type "fix it" or even "this and this doesn't make
> sense" but "this works like this now. It makes more sense if it would work
> like this. See a mock up I made".
Very true. As being a developer I can tell you that people stepping up with
the message "Your software would be great if feature ABC would be there and I
can tell you how to do it but will not do it!" are more demotivating to fix
something than you would expect.

> The coding doesn't take much time
Nice dreams of marketing ;-)

> - it is the thinking about what the best solution is that takes a lot
> of time. And that exactly is what people could help with if they
> were willing to put in a little more thought.
Hmm, I disagree, sorry to contradict. Better do what the FOSS world
moves forever: Write patches, either on code or marketing material,
does not matter. Convert ideas to code or texts or artwork, whatever, but
do not post them purely on MLs hoping that others will pick up. People who
really do things usually have enough ideas of what they want to do. They
never wait for others posting an idea to make them doing something.

regards,

Klaas