Hi all!

> > Linux enthusiasts is a target audience where we can shine with our
> > mix of making things simple (e.g. YaST) and providing powerful tools
> > (e.g. OBS). It might be worth to consider that in our marketing and
> > strategy more.
>
> Our current strategy and marketing already tries to "cater to users who
> are interested in computers and want to get work done, experiment or
> learn."[1] So does nearly all of our messaging IMHO.
>
> "Computer enthusiast" is our target market. People who aren't computer
> enthusiasts simply don't use our products. Agreed?
>
> I think we need to further segment the 'computer enthusiast' market and
> find smaller segments to address more aggressively...

I fully agree that we might want to start targeting specific focus groups more
intensively. From our experiences in organising the conference, it's very clear
that the "average openSUSE user" doesnt exist.
Or at least doesnt want to be addressed like that (else they would respond
better to the conf).

Perhaps we can even use this approach to still raise more awareness for the
conference.

Henne, what would be your suggestion for the segmentation? ]

I could think of a couple of groups:
- computer enthousiasts and power users
- small business users
- developers (web, app, application)
- sysadmins (server, network, etc)

How would we move ahead and approach these more targeted?

Best regards,
HdR
--
OpenNovations / DevHdR