It should be time to speak about this anew, for all the ones
not directly involved to 10.1

it would be nice if the new layout could be on line at the
same time as 10.1, if ever possible at all.

I see for now two important things:

*we need a single home page to be set in the
advertisements/signatures...

I couldn't find the project already shown here (wikipedia
like), but I liked it much

may be a contest could be done (win a tee shirt :-) to find
the best artwork (I'm sure not to win this :-)

*we need a much simpler left column sidebar.

 Home (always on top, this one :-)
Use SUSE Linux
 Download
 Documentation (including SDB, FAQ)
Participate
 Community (including how to participate, communicate,
projects, team, tasks)
 Report a bug
About openSUSE
 News (including roadmap & events)
 Project overview
 Contacts
 Legal

on the center panel, download be "Download the installable
demo dvd" and should send directly to the stable release dvd
mirror.

In fact my choice should be a single _cd_ demo (SLICK?). A
demo needs to be fast...

bug report should be avoided. SUSE have NO bug isn't it :-)

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://lucien.dodin.net