Stephan Binner wrote:
On Sunday, 11. June 2006 19:06, Rajko M wrote:

I'm looking support for http://en.opensuse.org/Frontpage_redesign project.

I don't like any of the proposals better than the current page (after moving the news section up, obvious mention of language wikis and shorter left bar [IMO at least also 'Teams' and 'Tasks' shouldn't be there]).

Having hundred links on the frontpage, having to load big (ugly) background
graphics or having a "Wikipedia like splash screen" taking all the space is
no improvement but worse than the current page in my honest opinion.

Bye,
   Steve

Proposals are what the name tells, starting point for discussion.
Present selection is just image of small interest for the topic.

The background graphic: is not bad if used properly, but that is not easy to achieve.

Hundreds of links: that was not meant under "better and faster access to the articles" :-) I'll see how to redefine this.

Splash screen: not Wikipedia copycat, but some we have to use for International portal (www.opensuse.org).

BTW, adding "openSUSE in Other Languages" is good idea and good timing.

--
Regards,
Rajko.