Shriramana,

On Sunday 09 October 2005 23:23, Shriramana Sharma wrote:
> Monday 10 Oct 2005 11:25 samaye Pascal Bleser alekhiit:
> > the community, which is more or less
> > the only weak point for SUSE Linux because it is smaller (and
> > speaking of the packager side, *much* smaller) than with other
> > mainstream distributions,
>
> I don't understand this. How are you saying the community is the weak
> point for SuSE? Please expand on this. If you think others might not
> be interested, offlist is okay.

I think what Pascal meant is of all the strengths and weaknesses of SuSE
Linux, its relatively small user community is a significant weakness. I
don't know numbers, but surely they do not reflect the true relative
quality of the various distributions. Fedora has far more cache /
traction than SuSE, yet from what I hear it is distinctly inferior to
SuSE.

You may or may not know that Pascal spends considerable time making
available the latest and greatest in RPMs for versions of SuSE back to
9.1. He is without any doubt committed to the success of SuSE and he
puts his time into it. He's the person behind Guru's RPM Site:
<http://linux01.gwdg.de/~pbleser/>.

Pascal is certainly not slamming the user community his own actions
serve so well.

Randall Schulz