> > > On my 10.0 I get 96 different licences.
> >
> > What about scoring them from 1 to 10 in "openness" ;-)  :-p

I'd prefer a scale ffrom 1 to 6, that is what I had to live with in the
german school system :-)

> That can be timeconsuming as it also contains things like:
>     634  Other License(s), see package
>     162  distributable
>      28  Unknown
>      25  Contact author, Other License(s), see package
>       6  Contact author, Restricted Shareware
>       3  Contact author
>       2  Unknown, Other License(s), see package
>       2  Other License(s), see package, Unknown

This is an unfortunate limitation of our package database.
It can only distinguish a limited set of hardcoded licenses.
All the rest shows up as the above.

> So that is nearly thousand that you need to explore one by one.

Hey, that is about half the distribution, isn't it?
Please file me a bugzilla for that.

        thanks,
                Jw.

--