>>In 10.1 we could make vmware see usb devices by executing the command:
>>"mount -t usbfs /dev/bus/usb /proc/bus/usb".
>>this fails in 10.2 with "/proc/bus/usb does not exist".
>>what to do next?
>
>>>Using sysfs.
>
>Can you please be more specific?

Oh you better ask in the Linux kernel mailing list or the usb subsystem
mailing list. Fact is, from what I can see, is that usbfs/usbdevfs is
gone, and the usualy reason is that something has successfully been
moved from /proc to /sys. After all, USB has hardly to do anything with
processes. Too bad VMware does not seem to notice it.

        -`J'