On Saturday 30 December 2006 22:32, Hubertus A. Haniel wrote:
> Kai Ponte wrote:

[...]
>  Since I have installed 10.2 on my
> machine I have seen nothing else but the X-mas screen (OK It has only
> been 4 days). I have never seen the "X-mas egg" on the betas I was
> running. -

I recall seeing the Christmas splash on several older versions at various
times.

> I guess the easiest way to disable it would be to put grub
> into text mode or replace the /boot/message stuff (cpio archive) but as
> I don't intend to reboot this machine as often i will just live with it.

That's what I did for several servers that don't have monitors connected....

> - I guess a simple flag or an alternative /boot/message file which is
> more enterprise like on the install media would be a nice option to stop
> these arguments.

...but for my own system I'd like to see the glitz more often.  If there a way
to explicitly turn on the Christmas display?  I looked in my /boot and there
are no *.xpm  or  *.xpm.gz files per the previously posted web page
directions. Where does SuSE keep the Christmas boot screen?