Hi,

my laptop's (ThinkPad T41p, Intel 82801DB-ICH4) internal microphone stopped
working for applications. I can't record anymore with krecord or Audacity,
nor can I use Skype for talking. The hardware works since I can hear the
micropone output from headphones or speakers and I can adjust the recording
level with alsamixer.

I think I've seen other similar posts here not so long ago. Any ideas about
what causes this (alsa update?), recording worked well for me not so long
ago?

-Teemu