On Monday 02 Apr 2007, Doug McGarrett wrote:
> HP 970Cxi, SuSE 9.3.  Printer stopped printing after it ran out of paper.
> Yes, of course it has paper in it now.  I have 2 of these printers, and
> neither one will print anymore, altho when I  exchanged them, the system
> said "Found new hardware, do you want to configure it?" So I did, and it
> printed a test page.  But now I can't seem to get back into the
> configuration, which must have some sort of problem, and the
> d....d Linux wants to open a wallet, whatever that means, and it
> wants a user name and a password, neither of which I know.  (I never set up
> any wallet, or any password for that, as far as I recall.) This printer is
> connected via USB. Now what?

To start the printing again, find the Printer Manager and then select
Administration Mode button (then enter your root password when prompted) and
then find the "Printer" menu near the top and then select "Start/Stop
Printer" and then select "start" - hopefully that will get you going again.

> Second printer problem:  I would be happy to use my Laserjet, but for some
> reason the configuration says that YaST didn't set up HPLIP--it would seem
> that it can't--and when I try to test the configuration the print light on
> the Laserjet starts to flash, but it doesn't print anything either.  This
> printer is connected via parallel port.

Not sure here but on my deskjet, teh light flashes when the ink is depleted.