* Doug McGarrett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [04-03-07 18:22]:
> On Monday 02 April 2007 21:46, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> > * Doug McGarrett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [04-02-07 20:32]:
> >  [...]
 [...]
> I have read man lppasswd but I don't know what to do next.  It would
> appear from the error message that the username is doug, but it says
> on localhost, and the man lppasswd refers to cups, not localhost, or
> am I still missing something?

yes, you are missing something.  From 'man lppasswd':

DESCRIPTION
       lppasswd adds, changes, or deletes passwords in the CUPS digest
       password file, passwd.md5. When run by a normal user, lppasswd
       will prompt for the old and new passwords.  When run by the
       super-user, lppasswd can add new accounts (-a username), change
       existing accounts (username), or delete accounts (-x username)
       in the digest password file. Digest usernames do not have to
       match local UNIX user‐ names.

 [....] also

SEE ALSO
       lp(1), lpr(1),
       http://localhost:631/help

> If I go to KJobViewer, I can delete everything queued but KDE Print
> System and KDE Print Test, which are owned by root.  If I could find
> those files in a directory (where is it and what's it called?) I might
> be able to su and delete them also, and then maybe the system might
> work, I don't know.

did you try KJobViewer as root ??  Root would own root's jobs.

> > or search the opensuse list archives.  It has been mentioned/described
> > *many* times.

not tried, not interested ????

HOG # US1244711         Photo Album:  http://wahoo.no-ip.org/gallery2
        OpenSUSE Linux             http://en.opensuse.org/