Jeffrey L. Taylor wrote:
I looking to buy an external hard drive to backup (not archive) my laptop.  It
has USB 2.0.  I am looking for a desktop solution, i.e., don't need nor want
to pay for portable powered USB drives.  Capacity 80GB to 160GB range.  Any
recommendations and/or condemnations?

external on what kind? if not usb, must be scsi? may be ata?

as of the file system, ext3 is a very good choice, and can be read even from XP if necessary (there is a native XP driver for ext3)

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
Cécile, esthéticienne à Montpellier