--- James Knott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> There was some recent discussion on this list about
> MS claims of patent
> infringement and someone claimed they hadn't done so
> recently.
>
> From the "Suse, M$ and Dell" thread.
>
> "Nope, I don't need recent cites. Until retracted
>
> >> Ballmers
> >> statments stand as official Microsoft Policy.
> >>
> >> Therefore the onus is on you to find a
> retraction.
> >>

> > You made a statement that by it's nature is deemed
> > false if you can not substantiate it. There is no
> onus
> > on me to do anything. If you refuse to
> substantiate,
> > or retract, I can only conclude that you knew the
> > statement was false, yet made it anyway, making
> you a
> > liar, and no more to be believed than Mr. Ballmer.
> >
> > As it now stands, you have no credibility
> whatever,
> > and I see no reason to continue any discussion
> with
> > you, on any matter whatever.
> >

> Well, you might want to read this article and
> consider the claims
> substantiated.

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune_archive/2007/05/28/100033867/

Thank you, James. This is exactly what was needed to
substantiate Mr. Anderson's claim. As it is now
substantiated, I hereby retract my statements
concerning Mr. Anderson's honesty, integrity, or
honor, (however one might interpret the statement
above concerning my conclusions, and the use of the
word "liar".)

That this should appear only days after Mr.Anderson's
original claim that Mr. Ballmer was "still" making
these other unsubstantiated claims about Linux and
free software, most assuredly verifies and
substantiates his correct use of the word "still".

My apologies to Mr. Anderson, for any distress this
may have caused him.

As his credibility is now fully restored, I would,
again, be more than pleased to discuss, with him,
this, or any other subjects, as they may arise,
whenever it may seem appropriate.

James, once more thank you for bringing this article
to my attention, so that I might be allowed an
opportunity to correct a situation in which I was in
error. Ya done good kid, and I truly appreciate it.