On 6/6/07, Mike McMullin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

umount -d /mnt/mountiso
mount -o loop $1.iso /mnt/mountiso

  I have this script, Kai, it works rather well for me.

Mike, a couple things here that confuse me:

1)Kai wanted something that could mount an ISO from the GUI ... I
suppose if you create a launcher/icon for this script, that could
work. But, then it still requires root rights, correct? (this was
something else Kai wanted, was not to require root.

2)Your script looks to be using a variable for the .iso filename (I
assume that is what the $ infront of the 1.iso means)? How does that
work ... should a user be prompted for the path/filename of the iso?
Or is it something like, if you put your iso in the same directory as
the script, then it just finds the iso?

Peter