While some of these points may have more or less merit to them, the
first one is a no-starter:
"There is *already a standard ISO26300 named Open Document Format
(ODF)*: a dual standard adds cost to industry, government and citizens;"

Now, I use OO and love it, but I am not so arrogant as to assume that it
is or should be the ONLY standard out there.  Let a thousand flowers
bloom and let the consumer decide what they want.  As long as they have
that power, I'm happy even if they choose Microsoft's OXML format.