On Tue, June 26, 2007 10:59 am, Jorge Fábregas wrote:
> On Tuesday 26 June 2007 1:41 pm, Dennis E. Slice wrote:
>> Now is a good time to consider upgrading my OS. Looking for some
>> advice.
>
> Hello Dennis,
>
> I'm like you (on SUSE 10.0 without any single problem) and I'm looking
> forward
> to 10.3 (where they'll remove Zen* stuff to update packages...and go
> back to
> old good YAST).  We are lucky we didn't have to pass thru that Zen
> stuff.

There are some nifty speed and interface updates. Also, on newer
hardware, I see 10.2 far and away better than 10.0.

> What I usually do when I install a new version is to read the "Release
> Notes"
> for the versions I skipped. So...I"ll need to read RN's for 10.1, 10.2
> and
> finally 10.3 when it comes (to see what I've been missing).

They're removing Zen in 10.3 or is it just becoming integrated with YaST?

Just curious.

Sorry for the thread hijack...

..not really.  I'm really waiting for version 11 which will be louder
than version 10.