Hans van der Merwe wrote:

> Why is it assumed that Linux is less prone to virus attacks?

Primarily due to a better and much more ingrained security system.  Do
you normally run as root on your Linux desktop?  Well, that what's a
Windows user normally does on his Windows ditto.

> I know to install stuff in the system, root is necessary, but
> installing and running dangerous stuff in the user home directories is
> easy; you just need a cunning app to fool the user in executing
> malicious code.

Which does what?  Chances are it will only affect that one user, unless
it's some sort of DOS attack.

/Per Jessen, Zürich

--
http://www.spamchek.com/ - your spam is our business.