Hi all,

since some days ago I have to create more documentation as part of my work but
I'm experimenting something *very* annoying with OpenOffice, specially the
first time it's launched although it might also happen (at random?) after the
2nd or 3rd run: the system completely freezes. Even the keyboard is 100% dead;
the caps-lock or num-lock don't even work either, and the only way to get it
back to life is by restarting it... so everything is lost and I must start over.

These are the OpenOffice packages on my system now (the same applies for the
one at home):
---
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~> rpm -qa | grep -i openoffice
OpenOffice_org-2.2.1-43.1
OpenOffice_org-kde-2.2.1-43.1
OpenOffice_org-Quickstarter-1.0-514
---

This happens with all kind of document formats and for a nerd like me who
(almost) uses the 20 desktops it's a good way to learn and use new bad words
when everything disappears on this end...

Anyway, I also noticed that the recent versions of OpenSuSE are rather more
unstable (I'm a SuSE'r since version 5.3 IIRC)... this could be labeled just as
a personal perception if I were using OpenSuSE in only one system but I have it
installed in more than one "modern" system (i.e. dual-core CPU -both AMD and
Intel- , xx GB of RAM, big SATA-2 hard disks, etc) at home and at work...

Unfortunately I can't tell you a way to reproduce the problem so please bear
with me... and therefore I wanted to ask here if someone has been experimenting
such annoyances as well and what, if any, solutions can be applied to get rid
of them.

As usual, thanks in advance for your time!

Best regards,
Martin