Adding to this message, even if you have the original Suse CD, as long as it's 10.1 or so, there is an option after the initial boot up from CD that allows you to check your system, there in an option in there to check grub and the system repairs it, only gotcha is that recreates the menu.lst accordingly to the original and then if you had more than one configuration it would erase, so make a backup of your menu.lst before you go ahead with this.

Cheers

Jose