Mike McMullin wrote:
On Fri, 2007-10-26 at 07:14 -0400, Aaron Kulkis wrote:
Jake Conk wrote:
Hello,

I have  openSUSE setup right now on my machine that has 2 mirrored
80gb disks. I just got another disk 80gb disk but I would like to
install windows on it. My question is, is it possible to install
windows on that new disk without it taking off my grub? I know most
multiboot setups that include windows always say install windows first
then install linux so it can auto detect your windows partition and
setup grub accordingly but in my case I already have linux setup and
want to install windows while keeping suse's grub menu. Is this
possible and how?
If you install Windows, it will GLEEFULLY overwrite your MBR,
forcing you to repair your Linux install.

  My apologies for nit-picking here.  When Windows(tm) writes the MBR,
it does not "break" the Linux install,

What version did that change with?

Every version I've seen, including the XP Government version
attempts to destroy any non-MS O/S on target disk.